Dealing with winning
IntroMany statements have been made about winning. For example:
- It is not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game.
- Losing is not an option.
- Losing is a part of the game.
- Winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing. -Red Sanders
- Let me win, but if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt. - Special Olympics
- •If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score? - Vince Lombardi
- There is no substitute for victory. -Douglas MacArthur
- If you're not going to play to win, you might as well hold the Olympics in someone's backyard. -Jesse Owens
- Why did I want to win? because I didn't want to lose! -Max Schmeling
Something important to rememberOne of the most important statements to remember about winning is that in any type of competition:
For there to be a winner, there must also be a loser.When you are the winner, always remember what it was like when you were the loser, and treat the loser the way you wanted to be treated when you were the loser.