IntroMartial artists seek maximum power with every technique.
Attaining maximum powerAttaining maximum power is a combination of:
- A firm base (it aids stability).
- A concentration of muscular force (such as focusing the muscular strength of the whole body into the attack).
- Hip rotation (such hip snap or twisting the body mass into the attack).
- A linear momentum of the body (it accelerates the attack toward the target).
- The resultant force of the body dropping (such the dropping force of a step being used to apply body mass into the attack).
- The mass of the body (the greater the mass that is added to an attack, the greater the power of the attack).
- Counter-movements of the arms, legs, head, and body in the opposite direction to the attack (these add a reaction force to the attack).
- Hitting the smallest target possible with the smallest weapon possible (this concentrates the force of an attack).
- Relaxation before, during, and after the execution of an attack (the entire body only tenses at impact).
- Smoothness and gracefulness (this uses less energy and helps ensure good delivery of the technique, which helps increase power).