IntroBefore beginning to train for any physical activity, there are a few precautions you should take to ensure you train safely.
Before starting a new rigorous physical training regime
- Always consult a physician.
- Consult a physician immediately if any persistent pain or swelling occurs during or after periods of training.
- After any injury, allow adequate time for it to heal before resuming training.
- Always train under the guidance of an experienced instructor to ensure effective and safe training procedures and techniques. Children especially should be closely supervised while training.
- To help prevent injury, always warm-up adequately before each workout and begin each training session slowly and then gradually increase the speed and power of your techniques during the workout.
- Cool-down after a workout to allow your body to gradually return to its normal state.
- Be careful not to over-train. Overtraining may result in an injury due to fatigue or lax concentration.